Design Eye Candy


posted by Unknown

No comments

I'm a very visual person. I enjoy looking at beautiful things and that includes beautiful homes. Maybe that is why I like buying home magazines, if only to stare at the gorgeous designs featured within. So today, I would like to share with you stunning photos of Mid-century Modern houses. This kind of style features clean lines, natural materials, sweeping curves and organic forms. The best example of this style is best characterized on the TV show "Mad Men". Recently, mid-century modern has seen a popular surge in contemporary design. Mid-century pieces are mixed with contemporary styles to provide an updated look without looking outdated. So without further ado, here are some treats for your eyes! 


Mid-Century Living Room
What's there not to love about this room? There's the color palette that is very reminiscent of Mid-Century style, the open layout and the furniture. I could gush about this room for days!

The one thing that characterizes Mid-Century homes are big, open windows that lets in lots of light. With a view like that outside my home, I wouldn't mind if I don't have as much privacy as I would like. 

This bedroom stays true to mid-century design by sticking to clean lines and natural grain materials. The chair and the bench are very iconic mid-century style.

This bathroom is the perfect blend of contemporary and mid-century design. I think its very clever to use a mid-century cabinet and convert it to a sink. Very nice indeed!

I love those bar stools and the very clean shapes of the kitchen. Its almost seems minimalist but still has that quality from the mid century.

This is my absolutely favorite room out of all! I love the Eames chair on the corner and the rest of the authentic mid-century pieces in this room. In fact I love everything in this room, even the exposed brick by the bed. If I had my own studio apartment, it would definitely look like this. <3


Well that's it for now for Design Eye Candy. I will be posting more pictures soon so keep an eye out for that! 

-Vanessa

Leave a Reply